Monday, May 19, 2008

Heaven's Award

My name is Segundo.  I am 38 years old and this is my story.  I’m a homebuilder, and every Friday I took my salary and got drunk with my work mates.  I went home mad and abused my wife and two children.  Hugo, my brother-in-law, tried to talk to me about Jesus but I always sent him away.  I told him if he continued to talk to me about God, I would not be responsible for my actions and I would cut off our relationship.

About 2 ½ months later, Hugo invited me to see a film.  He also told me that he’d been praying for me this entire time.  I don’t know why I changed my mind, but I accepted the invitation.  Since that day, Jesus is the Master and Lord of my life.  Recently, the Nazarene church that I attend celebrated its anniversary.  They presented me with an award for “most faithful person to attend church.”  My prayer is that I will continue to live my life so that I receive an award in heaven because of my faithfulness to my Lord.  Alleluia!