Tuesday, March 25, 2008

With Love, Distance Doesn't Matter


Miguel, a 17-year-old, was new to the church.  One evening after a church serivce, he asked the Pastor to give him a ride home.  As they were driving, the pastor said, “I thought you lived near the church.”  Miguel responded, “No, I live in a red light district many miles away from the church.”  The pastor asked why he traveled so far and how many different buses he took to get to church.  Miguel informed him that not long ago his uncle invited him to a Jesus Film showing at the church.  Miguel continued, “When I arrived at the church to visit my uncle, I saw the film and accepted Jesus as my Savior.  Since that day, God has delivered me from many temptations and has given me a new found joy.  The distance doesn’t matter to me because I love Jesus and this church.  Here I found love and met my Savior Jesus.  Even though I have to catch three buses to get to church, I am the happiest person in the world.  Thanks be to God.”