Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Stupidest Thing to Do

My name is Victor and I am 26 years old. A year and a half ago I met the Lord through the Jesus Film ministry.  Unfortunately, I never followed through with my decision and everything in my life began to turn bad.  Although the brothers and sisters of the church tried to encourage me in my new faith, I was trapped in the ways of this world and followed my evil desires.  Every time I let God down, images of the Jesus Film came to my mind.  I saw Jesus dying on the cross for my sins.

One day I went to Quito with my wife to take care of some business matters.  We decided to visit my friends at the Jesus Film office.  When we met, I confessed to them that I had departed from the ways of the Lord and was desperate to renew my commitment to Jesus once again.  I needed God’s help.  There in the office, my wife and I bowed on our knees and made a decision to never again turn our backs on Jesus, our Savior.  I now realize the stupidest thing a person could ever do is turn their back on Jesus. I thank God for His mercy. God bless.