Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jesus, Defender of the Weak

At 16, Adelita moved to the capital city, Quito, to get a job. She worked for two years as a maid but her boss didn’t always pay her and treated her badly. One day a friend invited her to church. The service she attended ended with communion. To prepare the hearts of the congregation for the Lord’s Supper, the pastor showed clips from the Jesus Film. Adelita could not stop crying as she witnessed Jesus’ love for her. She also remembered that her mother often spoke about Jesus during her childhood.

In Adelita’s words, “That day God used the Jesus Film to show me once again His love and protection for me. I continue to attend the Nazarene church and the people have accepted me and given me much love and respect. I have also found a better job. Best of all, I feel loved and appreciated by Jesus since He entered my heart. I love Jesus!” Amen!