Friday, April 09, 2010

JESUS FREED ME FROM JEHOVAH WITNESSES


This testimony came from the Eucalyptus Church of the Nazarene in Quito, Ecuador.  This church was planted with the Jesus Film ministry.
My name is Fabiola Gavilanes.  Years ago I joined the Jehovah Witness church hoping to find purpose and joy.  However, while I was with them, I never experienced a personal relationship with Christ.  To make matters worse, I had problems in my marriage and was on the verge of divorce.  I was emotionally unstable to the point of neglecting my children.  I was so caught up in my commitment to the teachings of the Jehovah Witnesses that I neglected the material interests of my family.  The elders knew about my situation but didn’t think it would be that bad if I divorced.  Perhaps later when my husband became a Jehovah Witness then I could return home.  They also said the most important thing was my spiritual life, not the studies of my children.  I just needed to be more committed to them and to God.

When I made the decision to leave this cult, I was publicly scorned and ex-communicated from the church. This was very painful.  However, in the midst of pain, God sent to me Pastor Bolivar Rodriguez from the Eucalyptus Church of the Nazarene.  He spoke to me about Jesus and salvation in a way that was very different from the Jehovah Witnesses. He helped me to receive Jesus and today I feel God’s peace in my heart.  I give praise to God for all that He’s done in my life.

My husband and two of my children have also been baptized.  I give thanks to God for the unity that my family now has.  Christ is our new Head.  I also give thanks to God for Pastor Bolivar and his wife.  God used them to heal my heart and to expose the false doctrines of the Jehovah Witnesses.

Today I want to follow God’s call to preach the Good News to all.  Because of this, I am going to take classes and study to fulfill this calling.  I’m trusting in Christ, for the battle is not mine, but the Lord’s.