Friday, April 09, 2010

“THE CANCER HAS DISAPPEARED!”



This testimony happened two months ago in the Road to Life Church of the Nazarene in the neighborhood of Chillogallo in Quito, Ecuador.  This church was planted by the Jesus Film ministry.

My name is Guillermo and I am 72 years old.  About a year ago, my wife died.  A few days after her death, I was diagnosed with cancer.  I was devastated and decided to stay in my home.  I didn’t want to eat, bathe or do nothing.  Life had lost all of its meaning.

Marcelo, my son, attended the Road to Life Church of the Nazarene in Quito.  One day he arrived at my house with the pastor of the church and said, “Papa, we want to pray for you.”  At first I was reluctant, but finally conceded.  The pastor first spoke about the importance of salvation and then spoke about my physical health.  I ended up accepting Jesus as my Savior.  During my entire life, I had never heard the true message of salvation.

At that instant, my spirit was revived, and I took a bath!  The following day I went to see my doctor who ran some more tests.  He was astonished to see that there were no longer any signs of cancer!  He couldn’t find cancer anywhere.  Jesus had healed me.  Being elderly, I don’t know how much longer I’m going to live.  But for me to live is Christ and to die is gain.  Every week I faithfully and joyfully attend church.  I give thanks to God for giving me the opportunity to testify about his power and love.  Christ lives!