Monday, October 06, 2008

That Something Was Salvation!


My name is Roxana and I am 21 years old.  I want to tell you my testimony.  It is difficult to explain all that I have lived through.  First, my mother died when I was 7 years old, and after six months, my father died.  I was torn apart so profoundly, I could not overcome the trauma.  I grew up lonely and depressed.  I even attempted suicide several times, but something always caused me to fail.  I couldn’t understand why God permitted my life to continue as it was.

One day, Gabriel, my neighbor, invited me to church.  I was so depressed I didn’t want to go or talk to anyone, but he insisted.  He told me that God had something for me.  Eventually he convinced me, and I accepted.

I watched while Gabriel and his friends set up the film.  I wondered how they could be so happy.  It was as if they had never experienced any pain.  Later, while watching the film, I remembered the words of Gabriel:  “God has something for you.”  In that moment, I realized that something was salvation!  When the film had finished, I ran to accept Jesus as my Savior.  Jesus filled the emptiness left by the deaths of my parents.  Today I continue to grow in the Lord.  It makes me laugh to think that I had wanted to end my life.  I enjoy sharing my testimony, and I am the youth leader in my church.  I’m also a part of the Jesus Film team and evangelism team.  Glory to God!