Monday, October 06, 2008

“For Me to Live Is Christ and to Die Is Gain”

I am Marco Antonio and I am 38 years old.  I am ashamed of what I have done with my life.  For many years, I prostituted myself for money, and then immediately lost my money on alcohol, drugs, gambling, and sex.  I always wanted to be a better person, but I didn’t know how.  When I was 20 years old, I tried to change on my own.  I married and had two children; however, it wasn’t long before I was back to my old life.  While I was married, I visited horrible places and deceived my family.

One day, the Jesus Film was shown in my neighborhood, and I watched it from afar.  I watched the entire film and returned home thinking of what I had seen.  Because I was desperate, I put my shame aside and contacted the church that showed the film.  The brothers prayed for me and helped me to grow spiritually.

For four years, I have attended faithfully the House of the Lord.  Now I have been diagnosed with AIDS.  I have very little time to live, but I am not afraid to die because I am going to the home of my Creator.  I know that the blood of Jesus has cleansed me of all of my sins.  In my mind, “for me to live is Christ and to die is gain.”  Alleluia!  Thank you, Jesus, for saving me!