Thursday, August 30, 2007

“I am the happiest man in the world!”

My name is Juan Mendez, and I am 56 years old. A few years ago I had to retire so I began working with my wife in her business. However, I realized that our relationship was deteriorating. We lived in the same house but not as a married couple. I worked in her business all day while she went out with her friends. I became depressed and suicidal.

One day while I was working, two men entered the business with big smiles and invited me to see a movie at a neighbor’s house. Although I wasn’t a good friend of this neighbor, I went to his house. I began sharing my problems with him and we became friends. As the men patiently listened to me, I asked myself, “Did God send me here?” I had no doubts about this question after watching the beautiful film, especially when I asked Jesus to be my new King! I am now the happiest man in the world and I don't feel alone. I know that Jesus is with me all the time.