Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Genuine Conversion

Many Catholics live in an Ecuadorian neighborhood called Sixth of February. When the Jesus Film team worked in this neighborhood, Magdalena approached a team member and said, “Please, I don't want to change my religion. I only want to know more about God." She was told that she didn't have to change her religion, and that they were only presenting Jesus as the Savior of the world. At the end of the film, she prayed and gave the team her contact information. She also shared that although she had always been religious she had always felt empty inside.

After several Jesus Film showings, the team started a discipleship class for new converts. Magdalena was the first one to arrive at this class. She asked, "Can I attend even though I am Catholic?" Of course, she was welcomed. After the class, she related the following to the team members: "I don't know what has happened. Ever since the night you helped me to pray, I feel totally different. Something beautiful has happened and I've never experienced this before. I do not want to lose that which is new in my heart. I am crazy for Jesus and I'm sharing my faith with my family. I know this isn't just a change of religion. God is alive! Finally I've discovered that which I've been looking for all of my life. Thank you Lord Jesus."