Thursday, December 07, 2006

A True Witness for the Great Jehovah

I am Jhony, a 23-year-old. For many years, I was a Jehovah Witness and wanted to do great things for God. One day I went to the street to preach along with some other JW friends. A man was passing out tracts and Christian publicity, and I thought he was part of our group. He smiled at me and said, “Hi, my brother.” I thought I knew him and wanted to go with him.

I was surprised to find out that he was an evangelical Christian. He invited me to see the Jesus Film. He was very passionate and I felt somewhat trapped. I began to walk with him, leaving my group. We began passing out invitations and I also helped them set up the Jesus Film equipment for the projection. But this isn’t all that happened. When the movie ended, everything in my life changed.

I was really impacted looking at the life of Jesus in the movie. This was totally different from what I had been taught. For years I thought Jesus was like Buddha or Muhammad. Yet, I realized that there was no other prophet like Jesus who saves us from our sins. I prayed a simple yet profound prayer. For the first time I asked the true God into my heart. Now I want to be a great witness for the true Jehovah who is doing great things in my life. I’m now part of the Jesus Film ministry in my church and I give glory to God for all of the wonderful changes.