Thursday, December 07, 2006

Please Pray for Marcedes’ Family

After watching the Jesus Film in her neighborhood, Marcedes Morales, age 10, decided to visit the Nazarene church even though she went alone. At the end of the service she went to the altar and couldn’t stop crying. One of the leaders took her aside to counsel her and she shared her story. Two weeks earlier she had seen the Jesus Film and had given her heart to Christ. She said, “I really don’t need to go home because nobody is ever there. My mother isn’t around very much. My three siblings and I don't know our father. This bothers me a lot. If it wasn’t for my grandmother who sells newspapers in the street, we wouldn’t have anything to eat, so I don’t like to be around my home much.”

As Marcedes' maturity in Christ continues to grow, her testimony also grows. “I always wanted God to help me, but really didn’t know how to express myself. Yet, the day that I saw the Jesus Film, Christ came into my life. After that day I desired to meet with the brothers from the church. Although they invited me to come to church, I was afraid to go because I didn’t know what I’d say. Finally I went and I was surprised. It was as if they had known me for a long time. They gave me lots of love and attention. Today I am very happy to have a new family. I am learning how to pray. I’m praying for my mother and my brothers that they too can find God’s forgiveness and love.”