Thursday, December 07, 2006

An Empty Heart Now Overflows with the Love of Christ

My name is Dalva Rosero and I’m 20 years old. After leaving Estatal Hospital in Quito, Ecuador, for treatment of severe anemia, I was very confused. Because my parents never visited me in the hospital, I realized that they never wanted me as their daughter. Because I truly believed nobody loved me, I tried to commit suicide by overdosing on my medication but a nurse prevented it.

After I left the hospital alone, I went to my brothers’ house because I had nowhere else to go. They were having a party and my parents were there also. I realized that partying for them was more important than visiting me in the hospital. However, I stayed at the party and met a man and his wife. I didn’t know anything about them, but they appeared different. They were not drinking liquor like everyone else. I asked them who they were and they told me they were Christians. They spoke to me about God and about the church they attended on Sundays. After they left, I wished I had asked them where their church was located, but I didn’t. No one at the party knew either. All I knew was the first names of the family and that the church was located in north Quito.

Sunday arrived and my family went to another party, but I stayed home. After a while, I decided to go to north Quito, not knowing my exact destination. I got off the bus at one of the last stops and asked bystanders if they knew of a Christian church nearby and a couple named Bolivar and Hope. Then I realized I was right near the church and standing in the doorway was this couple. The Holy Spirit had guided me to the exact location!

When I walked up to them, they looked surprised to see me. They gave me a warm welcome. I felt I needed to ask God to forgive me of my sins and cried like a little baby. Bolivar and Hope guided me in a prayer of faith. I accepted Christ as my Savior and felt the loving arms of Jesus embrace me. The emptiness that I had due to the lack of love in my family was now filled with the overflowing love of Christ.

Now I am living with Bolivar and Hope, and I know that I belong to the family of God. I am also a part of the Jesus Film team. I am grateful because the church that God led me to was founded by the Jesus Film ministry. Amen.